Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

ucanto thrives and grows...

I am loving the fact that ucanto is going strongly and dancing strongly and having lots of fun along the way.

I am blessed in so many ways in regards to the students I have, the friends that have come from it, and the reconnections that seem to be presenting themselves in the community again.  Maturity and time can be such a good friend in the end.

Having enthusiastic students who are willing to do whatever it takes to learn this style of dance is what makes it all worthwhile for me, even when dealing with some of the growth aspects of the more senior dancers. 

We all have times when we are not so sure of ourselves in whatever adventure we undertake but when we get some time under our belts our confidences increase, this is when a nasty pitfall can occur.  Over confidence.  We all do it, so don't think your exempt.

I still do that even with my experience level and dance level, but I have to keep in mind that we are all human but I still am the most senior (not just age LOL) dancer due to experience in the room.  Especially in the dance form I teach. 

I might not have jumped on the teaching bandwagon so many years ago, but I have more to offer from the start with the experience I have acquired over the years in getting to where I am with teaching.

Do I love to teach? I sure do!!!
But admittedly I am embracing the expansion of new teachers by having them substitute for me so I can actually have a life once in a while.  Not a reflection on any of the baby dancers, I just need to revitalize once in a while and this enables me to do so and allows the newer teachers the opportunity to put in place practical application of their new skills and how it works within this structure.

It is a very exciting process I have to admit. :)

Let's Dance!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment