Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

digesting it all...




hmmmm sounds like lunch time ?




Nope, just having times where I am thinking about all that has happened in the last 6+ months when it comes to my dance and sharing it with others.




Actually, I have been dancing most all of my life and even got nick named "Bumble Bee Butt" cause I just wouldn't quit moving and dancing. :)




Fast forward through tap, jazz, modern interpretations, club dancing, yada, yada, yada and I found myself on the doorstep of American Tribal Style Bellydance (ATS). I didn't walk through the door immediately, I kept peeking when it would poke at my brain, until I finally decided to walk through the door just to see what it was all about.




I fell in love with the dance form, even through all the trials, tribulations, self-doubts, and various other things that nearly pushed me into just saying "forget it all" but somewhere, somehow I just couldn't ... even if it was only just for me in the end.




I opted to expand my horizons even more by focusing on the originators of this dance form...FatChanceBellyDance. I was doing that for me, and for me alone. I dove into becoming certified in FCBD General Skills - proving to myself I knew what I was doing. :) Then the chance to step into a Teacher Training Certification came up...wow, did I mull over that one for a long time, but not so long as to miss out. I thought "what the hell" it is for me anyway and I love this dance and if anything comes from it "bonus"...so off I went to do the deal.




I did the deal...whoo hoo!!!! And not without trepidation.




Now came a screaming question....oh oh oh, I wanna teach but I wanna be a Sister Studio..oh crap. Now what????? What do I do???? I am nervous about that, there were a stack of reasons that I was nervous and reticent about stepping into that realm.




But I inquired to "Momma C" and she was very straight forward with me, leaving the decision to be mine, but she expressed some things and told me my worries were unfounded and nothing to be concerned with as long as I am doing things ethically and honestly. Well, I wouldn't be any other way.




So...here I am.




Teaching what I love, trying to be the best teacher I can be and know how to be, sharing what I love, and trying to represent the Sister Studioship to the best of my ability.




Now, does that mean everything is flowers and butterflies?




No, this is hard, time consuming work, but work that I thoroughly enjoy.




But the result is:::...




I am in awe of the students that I have and their fortitude to perform for their first time in front of "Momma C" and the "Fatties" as well as people from all over the country. They brought it like I never expected in such a short time.




My hat of to them! And for the contribution of my bestest bud the Franistan. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment