Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Focus and Direction...


for the world of tribal bellydance is forever morphing, progressing, trancending itself beyond what the current imagination can see. As it is for the people that are a part of the changing, be it in their own personal realm or if they affect the bigger picture of the dance.

I know that I am a small fish in this pond but I have been around for a while watching many changes occuring and am witness to more to come. Hell, I have had numerous changes within my own dance but for me it came right back to what brought me into the dance in the first place.

I only want to provide the best in the dance form that I can because I love it so much. I, also, find it imperative to set a high standard to live by in order to share and pass on properly and how it is presented.

I won't settle, I want to do the best I can at whatever it is that I do in the dance, and I want my students to be able to walk away and know they got the correct information to be able to find the movement in themselves and enjoy it in whatever capacity that might well be.

So in that ... I find myself even a bit shy when it comes to going to the Mecca lands as it were, I want to do the best I can, learn the most I can, and come away with the approval that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. Does that means I get intimidated? Not really, (maybe a bit) but honestly just really focused and I put so much personal pressure on myself that I tend to shut down with concentrating on what I am doing.

I don't want to screw it up.

So, when things go well, I am ecstatic beyond adequate expression in words, and sometimes I get just down right goofy sounding I am sure. But, it is sincere and honest, as well as heartfelt to my very core. When these things happen, then I know I am going and have gone in the right direction.

Now, is the time to build on what I am doing and trying to accomplish. Solidify all that encompasses this dance in myself and for my students. The growth and change just from 8ish months ago in my teaching is HUGE....significantly HUGE, and I see more changes coming for me in how I present this dance both in teaching and in performance.

I am excited honestly!

No comments:

Post a Comment