Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time flies....

Today I can actually take a moment and a breath to look at what has been happening in the dancing world of mine.

Tribal Regale was a noted success regardless of how people felt on their own personal level.  Having goals and high expectations is a grand and wonderful thing for that pushes us into improving all the time...however, you can't let it bog you down.  It is about having fun and sharing the dance with others with like dance enjoyment.

The last dance class showed that spirit when presented with lots of smiles, silliness, genuine desire to improve but not at the expense of one's self can come SCREAMING out.  I literally on a couple of occassions found myself with my jaw hanging open but with a smile helping hold it off the floor when watching the students try things...grow in their own personal dance.

If the world ended today...I have to say that day in dance and last night too....was enough to make me feel full in life. :)

What now comes is MedFest in W Seattle.  ucanto can be otherwise known at the "convergance zone"....I love it.  Dancers from Sequim, Olympia, Monroe, Shoreline, Seattle and the Eastside will all "converge" to dance on Sunday at 3:28pm on the Inside Stage.  I couldn't be more thrilled and a touch overwhelmed by it.  Not so overwhelmed that I can keep it on track and focused, but overwhelmed enough at the enthusiasm and drive these people have towards ATS Belly Dance.  A true representation of ATS and the common knowledge of this vocabulary allows us to dance together anytime, any place.

I probably sound like at advertisement or that I am full of bull with my accolades towards my students but I am not.  I mean every word I say and type AND....they are the ones stepping it up for me to be able to brag on...so there. 

Sincerely though, they are bringing in more self confidences and truly surprising me and themselves...what a nice combination of feelings to have occur.

On that note....I think I have shared enough at this moment, I am still processing and enjoying the feelings from our last class. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment